Monday, August 22, 2011

DM Badges

I've been out of the loop on this whole FLAILSNAIL Convention thingy but from little I've gathered it sounds like a great idea. I just don't think I have the time to put into it at the moment.

BUT...Stuart over at Strange Magic came up with a great shorthand for your DMing style with these DM Badges. But why restrict it to just FLAILSNAIL, all DMs can let their geek-flags fly.

The Warlock's Badges:


  • I roll the dice sometimes in public view, sometimes in private but I never fudge. Let the dice fall where they may! Live it!
  • Character Death? Check! It doesn't matter how high level you are, you can always die. It's what makes the game fun and memorable.
  • Gonzo? Enough. Instant death icy blue lava, giant eyeballs, 100 crotch-goblins and giant Halflings.
  • I've gotten to waaaay less planning as the improvisation is so much more fun.
  • My players have tons of cool ideas, much more than I can come up with. It makes my job a hell of a lot easier.
  • Mystery and exploration is why I play RPGs in the first place.
  • It hasn't come up but I ain't against player vs player as long as it's in character.
  • BYOB, what's left over put it in the fridge for next week. Chips go on the bookshelf.
  • You better run if things look harry, though my players haven't figured that out yet.
  • Always felt inhibited in the long ago past but I love to tinker and house rule these days.
  • Player-skill over character skill. It's role-playing, ain't it?

3 comments:

  1. Dude, how could you forget the "My games include Disturbing content" badge? Sure it mostly because of the players, but still ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh! You are correct! I think we should make players badges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really cool concept! Mine are up! http://offtojupiter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete