Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pop Music Super Heroes Vol 3


Continuing our exploration of Superheroes appearing in pop music today brings us to the conclusion with a couple of cool tunes. You can check out Vol 1 and Vol 2 to get caught up to speed.

Today we being with Chicago's very own Veruca Salt with their rendition of "Spiderman '79"




Next up we have Henry Rollins performing "Ghost Rider". He has two versions of this song and I went with the one from '87. The other one, which is much heavier sounding was from The Crow soundtrack.



Back on over to DC we have The Dukes of Stratosphere with "Brainiac's Daughter".



And finally we have The Who preforming the Bat-man theme song from 1966.



Check out set one, set two and Encore here.

3 comments:

  1. The hits just keep coming. Don't forget "Superman Song" by Crash Test Dummies for Vol 4!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very cool idea for a series of blog posts. I had no idea The Who covered the theme song to Batman in the 1960s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I've never heard that Crash Test Dummies song. I've got two additional Superman songs now. I guess I'm doing another post. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete