Thursday, March 24, 2011

The First Avenger Preview

When I was growing up, besides Spider-man, Captain America was my favorite superhero Whether he was solo, fighting with the Falcon or assembling the Avengers there was something about his costume, honor and determination that struck a chord with me (hey, it's a comic book and I was like 7 years old). So to say that I'm a bit excited about how the new movie is looking is an understatement. It looks like they're hitting all the right buttons with this one...well take a look for yourself. (if you can't see this well enough 'cause of my site layout, check it out here)




WWII, The Red Skull, The Howling Commandos, Flying Wings, dare I say...the Cosmic Cube!
"This summer, enter the world of the Super Soldier!" (I'm not comparing previews or anything).

Captain America: The First Avenger is the prelude to the upcoming Avengers movie and will tie a lot of the other Marvel films together. Not a bad concept if they pull it off with class.

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks cool, too- but for reasons I can't explain, when I was a kid, I always liked the Falcon more than Cap- especially during Kirby's Bicentennial run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up with the Cap and Falcon team. I think it always fit well together and I loved the Falcon's costume.

    Kirby's Bicentennial run is awesome-bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Howling Commandos are what sold me on this trailer. I saw Dum-Dum's 'stache and I was like "They are doing this right..."

    Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete