The quick summary of what this campaign is about:
- The goal is to create an entire campaign universe through game-play with everyone's input.
- The campaign will start in 1941, the Golden Age of comics, pass through the Silver Age (60's) and then into the bronze age (70's and 80's) and finally end in the modern era.
- This campaign will rotate GMs every session with each GM running one session from each era of comics. When all GMs have run their session within the first era, called a sessions round, we then move to the next era.
- For the most part, sessions will be one-offs but if a session is one that needs to be continued the next GM will take the reigns of the story for the next session. This should be a good exercise in keeping GMs loose with a play-it-by-ear approach.
- The GM order is determined randomly at the end of every session.
- Players are not obligated to GM if they do not desire.
- All GMs will be able to use NPCs and situations that have occurred in all previous sessions.
- GMs have free reign over what their session is about though it must begin by being rooted in the era of the session round.
ICONS seems to be a fairly easy game to run and is pretty rule's lite system. The story progress and game events relies just as much on the players as the GM so there should be a good community aspect at the game table. I'm thinking that this would make GMing the sessions easy for those out of practice or looking to get their feet wet.
I'm hoping that the rules carry themselves well among our seasoned players. I'm thinking it will. After all, any RPG is more than just rules, it's what you as players make it.
I'll be off and on this week posting my game prep.
This sounds like it's going to be an awesome and epic campaign!ReplyDelete