Monday, June 21, 2010

1st In Games

So I've been out walking the dog around our neighborhood and down this one street is an old beat-up family wagon possibly from the 60's. Inside the back bed of this vehicle, piled high, are board games from the 60's and 70's. I not talking about Monopoly or Clue but I'm seeing classic versions of Risk, some weird Football games, just all kinds of odd yet interesting stuff. Having just a bit of interest in games I saw some potential there.

So this weekend I'm walking the dog down that same street and I see this gristled old man with a long white beard carrying a couple of games and looking in the back of his wagon. I see my opportunity so I waved and walked up.

I ask him about his games. He says he sells old games online. Hmm, what are the odds. So I toss it out there.

"Any classic D&D items. Old stuff from the 70's" I says.
"Sure for a couple hundred dollars" says he.

Well, at least he seemed to know what I was talking about.

It turns out he has an online store called 1st In Games where he sells all these old games and other items, but mostly games. The site is a little primitive but there were some interesting items from Avalon Hill and a few notable items from TSR from back in the day.

So I'm passing this on to all of you that may be interested.

I mean, what are the odds that two blocks away some dude here in Tucson is selling vintage games online? Another sign that my quest is heading in the right direction!

Oh, and if you want to read about successful treasure hunting I suggest you travel over to Joe the Lawyer's blog and check out his latest haul.

1 comment: